SOL PRO 3D scanner
Calibrate, scan, mesh – With SOL PRO, all processes are automated
- $1,899 MSRP
- SOL PRO is a lightweight desktop 3D scanner for small and mid-size objects (20 to 170 mm)
- Scan in high accuracy up to 0.05 mm
- Includes specialized software
- Automated calibration and meshing
- Options for scanning dark surfaces and unsteady objects
Want to buy SOL PRO?
SOL PRO is only sold through resellers. Fill out the form below and we will make sure you are contacted by a local reseller.
High accuracy automated 3D scanner
SOL PRO 3D scanner from Scan Dimension is a high accuracy desktop scanner for small and mid-sized objects.
Choose to focus on accuracy or speed with a simple mouse click. The high accuracy scanning mode scans your objects with an accuracy of up to 0.05 mm, while the turbo scanning mode takes just 8 minutes to complete a 360° scanning pass – including calibration and meshing. Note that speed in 3D scanning always depends on computer hardware and object complexity so be sure to check the system requirements.
Jump to System requirements
This versatile, yet easily operated, scanner integrates seamlessly into any 3D workflow where the precision and quality make it a perfect partner for quality assurance, product inspection, prototyping, and a qualified addition to 3D printing tasks.
SOL PRO 3D scanner includes the highly automated software, SOL PRO Creator that delivers finished 3D scanning results with no need for manual alignment or removing of unwanted artefacts from the scans. Aligning up to 5 scanning passes and meshing are fully automated. The intuitive software includes an innovative option for optimized scanning of objects with dark or partially dark surfaces. And, if your object has trouble finding a stable position on the turntable, just tick the ‘Unstable object’ box.
SOL PRO Viewer software lets you view the 3D scanned models in different renderings and export to various third-party 3D software for further editing, measuring or 3D printing.
The scanner uses a combination of laser triangulation and white light technology. Texture and colors are captured with a camera with an 8 MP optically compensated resolution.
SOL PRO specs
- 3D scanner, desktop size
- Accuracy up to 0.05 mm
- Point distance >0.26 mm
- Scans objects measuring approx. 20 – 170 mm (0.8 – 6.7 in) in height and diameter
- Best results for high accuracy scans are for objects measuring up to 100 mm (4 in) in height and diameter
- Automatic calibration and meshing
- Automatic global alignment of up to 5 scanning passes
- Option for scanning dark or partially dark surfaces
- Option for scanning unsteady objects
- Process time for complete 360° scanning pass (depending on computer hardware and object complexity): - Normal scanning mode: 15 min. - Turbo scanning mode: 8 min.
- Run a quick and automated process upon request to maintain the highest accuracy in high accuracy scanning mode
- Included software bundle for downloading:
- SOL PRO Creator for scanning
- SOL PRO Viewer for viewing and exporting
- Export as OBJ, STL, PLY, DAE, or XYZ to edit in third-party software
- Automatic software updates (requires registration)
- Software is available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese
- Max. weight on the turntable: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Black-out tent for efficient elimination of unwanted light
- Tent dimensions when in use (LxWxH): 62x35×32 cm (24.4×13.8×12.6 in)
- Box dimensions when packed away (LxWxH): 41x15×30 cm (16.1×5.9×11.8 in)
A SOL PRO 3D scanning from start to finish
|SOL PRO 3D scanner|
|Supported operating systems||Windows 11 and 10 64-bit (x64) or|
MacOS Mojave, or newer
|Graphics card ||- Minimum 2GB memory|
- Must support OpenGL 3.3 or higher
- Support for OpenCL 1.2 or higher is recommended
|Recommended hardware ||- 2.4 GHz processor|
- 8 cores (16 logical processors)
- 32 GB RAM
- 100 GB free disk space (system drive)
|Minimum hardware||- 2.9 GHz processor|
- 4 cores (8 logical processors)
- 16 GB RAM
- 25 GB free disk space (system drive)
|Power input||USB 3.0 port (maximum 800 mA) or powered USB 3.0 hub|
|Internet||Required to access factory data|
How to check your system
Without even owning a scanner yet, you can check if your hardware meets the system requirements by downloading the SOL PRO software and open SOL PRO Creator. If the startup screen shows check marks in all four categories (Graphics card, Memory, Disk space, Central processor) it means that your system meets at least the minimum requirements.
Note, however, that the actual scanning speed depends largely on your computer. So, if you prioritize fast scanning speed, you should check your system manually. See here, how to find the specs on your Windows computer.
3D scanning limitations
Apart from the object size limitations specific to SOL PRO, there are some well-known general challenges that you need to consider when 3D scanning:
- Moving or touching a 3D scanner while scanning will most likely result in inaccurate or failed scan
- Objects that change shape while scanning
- Holes in objects not visible to the camera
- Shiny or translucent surfaces
- Possible solution: Spray the object with a 3D developer spray
- The meshing of scanning passes from two or more orientations may be problematic with symmetrical objects
- Possible solution: Attach something to the object to make the shape asymmetrical
- SOL PRO 3D scanner
- Scanner stand
- USB 3.0 cable for computer connectivity
- Interface cable
- Blackout tent
- Cylindrical target for high accuracy profiling
- Software available for download: SOL PRO Creator and SOL PRO Viewer
- Easy upload to Sketchfab
About Scan Dimension
SOL PRO 3D scanner is developed and marketed by Scan Dimension, a subsidiary of Global Scanning Denmark A/S. The Denmark-based technology company has 30 years of experience in the image-capturing sector and this collective experience is behind the engineering of SOL PRO.
Join our community
As a community member, you will receive regular emails with inspiring examples, tips, and tricks for 3D scanning.